Saturday, November 1, 2008

What do you do for a living?

I have several occasion where I meet new friend(s) asking me what I do for a living. They'll ask me "So, what do you do?", "Where do you work?", Naturally I'll reply by saying "I'm Flash Developer". For most of them you can see the 'blur' face looking right in your face kinda thing.

I'll just try to explain, "Uhm, basically I do UI programming for Mobile phones, using Flash as the medium", then they'll give me that second 'blur' face look again. "UI as in User Interface? All the fancy stuff you see on the phone?", they'll go like "Oh ok... that's interesting.. So tell me what phone do you recommend me to buy? I'm currently using Sony Ericsson Cybershot phone, planning to.."

Before they could even finish sentence I'll go like "Guys! Guys! I'm Flash Developer, not a sales man. A GEEK", then the most classic words that they will say, "Oh.. so you must be in IT line"

*speechless* like duh!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

fearsome looking faces, cower, a couple of steps back, nails to teeth "Don't sue me ar..."